Welcome from the Tri-state wind symphony!
TSWS - FYI
Membership: Open to anyone who can play the music selected-- advanced middle school, high school and older. It is expected that you will attend rehearsals before each concert, practice at home, and be familiar with your part. There are no membership dues. We spend money on music, percussion instruments, Brian’s salary, printing programs, and sound equipment. We raise these funds by passing the hat at concerts, writing grants, and asking businesses for sponsorships. Each member must fill out a TSWS information sheet.
Rehearsals: 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Westminster Church, corner of Loras and University – Fellowship Hall, every Tuesday evening during the season.
- Chairs are not assigned; figure it out within your section
- Please help put your chairs and stands away after rehearsal on the chair and stand racks.
- Never take music home unless you are sure you will be at the next rehearsal. If you find you can’t attend rehearsal and you have music, you must make arrangements to return your folder; take it to Westminster, call a section member, something.
- Library volunteers pull old music and replace it with new for each concert. Extra help is always appreciated. They will sort music on the Monday after each concert at Westminster at 10:00 AM. They put as many parts in the folders as available. If you are short copies, please tell Gregg before rehearsal break, or you will have to make your own extra copies.
- Concerts: 7:30 p.m. at the Eagle Point Park Band Shell. Be there by 6:30 p.m. (unless Brian tells us differently). There is one extra concert this year: The Arboretum on Sunday, June 2 at 6:30 p.m.; (be there at 5:30 p.m.).
- Attire: TSWS short sleeve blue denim shirts with logo. These are orderable at the first couple of rehearsals only. Please order before May 30. If you do not have a shirt, please wear something that looks like a light blue denim shirt. Wear khaki (light tan) pants or shorts. We look better when we wear the same thing, so if you can, please buy a shirt.
- Never take your music folder home after a concert as the old pieces need to be pulled and filed and the new music put in. It is a major pain if you bring your folder in later.
- Percussion equipment and music must be hauled to Eagle Point for concerts. Help when you can. The stage must be set up and taken down for each concert, and each member is expected to put their own chair and stand away. The stands must be stacked two high at the band shell or the Park Department cannot reach the band shell light switch.
- The park attendant has a list of concert players so you can get into Eagle Point without paying the park fee. If you haven’t filled out a TSWS info sheet, you will not be on the list.
- Westminster is the concert rain site. Check out our Web site at tsws.org and the Dubuque radio stations if in doubt about whether the concert will be at the park or Westminster. If at Westminster, extra help is needed before and after a concert to set up the performance area in the sanctuary.
TSWS Board – Additional volunteers are always welcome on the board.
- President - Rod Matthews, 563-583-4575, email@example.com
- Vice President - Paula Welter, 563-582-0090, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Sue Becker, 563-556-3113, email@example.com
- Secretary - Jean Cheever, 563-556-2955, JDCheever@msn.com
- New Media - Karen Schloss, 563-543-5489, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Librarian - Gregg Marolf, 563-582-8355, email@example.com
- At-Large - Sally Stulken, 563-556-3125, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music Director - Brian Hughes, 563-599-7730, Maestroblh1@gmail.com